Fordyce is a village in Aberdeenshire, Scotland that is slightly inland from the point where the Burn of Fordyce meets the sea between Cullen and Portsoy. It has existed since at least the 13th century.
The Kirkton of Fordyce was erected into a Burgh of Barony in 1499 by Bishop William Elphinstone of Aberdeen.
Fordyce Parish Church, a fair distance from the village centre, dates to 1804. Its predecessor, St Talorgan Parish Church, has a belfry dating to 1661.
Fordyce Castle, a T-plan structure built in 1592 and extended in 1700, lies in the centre of the village.
The old fishing village of Sandend can be found between Portsoy and Cullen on the Moray coast. Known locally as Sanine, buildings can still be found from wartime sea defences, it was a considerable seatown as early as 1624, although the current harbour was constructed in the 1800s.
The magnificent sandy beach is still popular with tourists and surfers – it was once the ultimate holiday destination, and home to generations of fishing families.
The oldest part of Sandend huddles around the south side of its harbour. The village actually predates many of the much larger towns and villages along this coast, being very well established by the early 1600s.